Who am I?
I am an experienced software developer. I am open to new professional opportunities at the moment. My resume.
Quick facts about me
- I recently moved to Dortmund (Germany) and I am not willing to relocate.
- I speak Czech (native), English (proficient). I don't speak German. I am learning, but it will take some time until I will be able to communicate on professionally reasonable level.
- I have been ~12 years in software development and ~5 years in Android development. Honestly, I don't remember exactly when I have started with Android development.
- I perceive myself as a self-reliant problem solver, humble craftsman and permanent learner. I value gradual improvement over big restarts/rewrites. I believe that clean code, automated testing, code reviews, CI/CD and other good practices are crucial parts of high-quality software development, but the most important thing is to deliver value. And also I am a bit shy guy, so please, try not to scare me.
What am I interested in?
- Permanent, on site role in an English speaking team in Dortmund or nearby. I am sorry, but I do not consider 2 hours of commute (or more) daily as "nearby".
- Permanent, fully remote role in an English speaking team anywhere in Europe. You should know, what you can expect from remote cooperation and you should be able to handle it. Remote is harder than on-site for all parties involved.
- Freelance contract, fully remote, communication in English or Czech. Details would be negotiated individually.
I have a showcase project, so you can check out some code I wrote recently. Please, keep in mind that it's just a toy project I have been working on in my spare time. So it's not perfect, it has only limited functionality etc.
There are, of course, projects that I had developed when I was working for my former employer. However, I feel that it's not perfectly professional to present them publicly, as my personal references.